Northern Patagonian Field Session
Costs for the six day (five night) Northern Patagonian Field Session include – bus from the Santiago conference venue to airport (one way), roundtrip airfares to Coyhaique
/ Balmaceda, all Northern Patagonian bus travel, accommodation in Coyhaique (2 nights) and Caleta Tortel (3 nights), excursions in Caleta Tortel plus some meals.
- Accommodation in Coyhaique (Wednesday 28th and Sunday 3rd) will be at
the Hotel Diego de Almagro – Coyhaique. Accommodation in Caleta Tortel
(Thursday 29th to Saturday 1st) will be at a range of
local community B & B style venues. Room / venue allocation will be
finalized upon registration in Santiago.
- You must be aregistered conference delegate or the accompanying person of a registered delegate to be eligible to take part in this field session.
- The all-inclusive cost of the Northern Patagonian Field Session is US$1,000 per delegate or accompanying person.
- The maximum number of places available on the Northern Patagonian Field Session is 40 delegates (or accompanying persons). If
numbers fall below 35 there may be a slight additional cost per delegate (or
- Please add US$25 if you book the Northern Patagonian Field Session after August 29th or US$50 if you book the Northern Patagonian Field Session
after September 26th. These fees are to cover the costs of holding seats on
flights to and from Northern Patagonia.
- Because we will be flying as a group both to Coyhaique / Balmaceda on Wednesday 28th November and back to Santiago on Monday 3rd
December, there will be an additional fee of US$30 if you choose to fly back to
Santiago at a later date (must fly from Coyhaique / Balmaceda), Please tick the appropriate box on your registration form and also specify your preferred return date. The booking will be made on your behalf by the organizer of this component of the IPMEN 2012 Chile conference.
- Because the flight from Coyhaique / Balmaceda to Santiago will
arrive in Santiago in the afternoon (or evening) of Monday 3rd
December you should plan your return flight (from Santiago to your home)
carefully. You may need to stay in Santiago overnight (Monday 3rd
December) and fly home on Tuesday 4th December. There is a choice of
airport hotels at Aeropuerto de Santiago (SCL).