The sponsors in Chile are COPAS Sur-Austral and University of Conception and for specifc events:
1. Opening Ceremony and Forum. Sponsor: DECYTI and Program Chile-California, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
2. Ocean Literacy Workshop for Chilean teachers. Sponsor: Marine Conservation Center, Pontificial Catholic University
3. Seminar about Sustainable development in Patagonian fjords. Sponsor: Research Center for Patagonia Ecosystems (CIEP)
4. Field Session in Caleta Tortel. Sponsor: County of Tortel
5. Logistics. Sponsor: CIEN Austral
6. General managment. Sponsor: AquaSendas
As in previous years the David and Lucie Packard Foundation, the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council and the National Marine Educators Association have continued valuable sponsorship of the IPMEN 2012 conference.
The live webcast and online conference are sponsored by webconferences.com and the College of Exploration.
If you or your organization would like to become an IPMEN Sponsor or Supporter, please contact us.
A range of international organizations are also involved in planning for IPMEN Chile 2012 conference as (in-kind) supporters.
California Sea Grant Extension,
CIEN Austral (Chile),
the College of Exploration (USA),
the Program COPAS Sur-Austral of the University of Concepcion (Chile),
COSEE West (USA),
Hawai’i Institute of Marine Biology,
Nautilus Educational (Australia),
the National Marine Educators Association (USA),
the Marine Education Society of Australasia (Australia),
Planeta Océano (Peru),
Protecto Fronterizo (Mexico),
University of Southern California (USA),
University of Georgia Marine Education Centre and Aquarium,
the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council (Hawaii).